Thursday, March 19, 2009

cinnamon blueberry muffins

I was super excited about reworking my muffin recipe.  Much to my dismay they didn't rise like I wanted them to.  I feel that I should modify the egg replacer and the baking powder.  That being said they taste awesome but don't expect a huge muffin they are more laid back than that :)












(wet ingredients only)

Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup vegan butter
• 1 cup sugar ( have used conventional white but if you want to use brown cut it down by 1/4 cup)
• 3 tsp dry egg replacer with 4 tbsp of warm water added
• 1/2 cup applesauce 
• 1/2 cup of soy milk (vanilla works great)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 cups flower
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon



 
 
 
(dry ingredients added)
Preparation: 
In a large mixing bowl, or mixer (I use my kitchenaid for everything) cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Add egg replacer that has been dissolved in water along with the applesauce and soy milk.  Let that mix and then add the vanilla and the cinnamon.  Slowly add the flower about a half cup at a time as well as the baking powder and salt, mix well.  The blueberries should be folded in slowly.
Bake 375 for 25 to 30 minutes cool for at least 10 minutes, yields about 12

(frozen berries added)

2 comments:

  1. this sounds so delightful. i am gonna try it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its super tasty! Hope you try it out and let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete