• 30 ounces (2 cans) garbanzo beans/chick peas, drained
• 1/4 cup red onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup dill pickle, finely chopped
• 3 tbsp pickle relish
• 2 tablespoons nori seaweed flakes
• 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
In a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Do this until you don't have any whole chick peas. This will take some time but makes for a better texture. Fold the onion, celery, garlic, pickle, nori, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper into the garbanzo beans. Combine thoroughly. I sampled right after they were combined and it was delicious, but then I let the mixture chill for an hour and put some on a lettuce leaf and it was amazing!
Yum and done!