Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Vegan Beer Burgers

I hear meat eating friends talking about beer burgers and I think I bet I can maybe a vegan version, well I did and they were tasty! Not to mention easy! The only problem I had was to get the correct amount of beer so the Gimme Lean had the correct texture, but I have it figured out now!
Ingredients:
Made for two burgers
• 1 cup Gimme Lean
• 1 medium onion diced
• 1/2 cup beer
• 2 tbsp bread crumbs
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• dash of salt
• for garnish thinly sliced tomato and some lettuce
• a bun of your choosing, I am using the Whole Foods 365 whole wheat sesame buns
For the topping I am using my Super Secret Vegan Sauce from my blog posting on March 25, 2009: Vegan Rubin Sandwich

Directions:
Prepare the Super Secret Vegan Sauce and refrigerate

Next mix the Gimme Lean, onion, salt, pepper and garlic together I found using my hands works well, all be it they will get very sticky so have a towel handy.
Thanks Gimme Lean for making Vegan burger making easy!


Now add the beer and mix again then after that is mixed well add the bread crumbs, the picture below is before the beer has been mixed in.
the beer just poured in
If the burger feels to loose add more bread crumbs, it should be a little loose but not fall apart in your hands. Preheat a skillet over medium with about one tablespoon of oil so the burgers do not stick. Over medium heat they will have to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side,
when flipped they should have a even brown color as seen on the burger on the right in the pic below, the other i flipped to soon to illustrate the difference.
almost yum time!
Prep your bun with sauce, lettuce, tomato and vegan cheese if desired, I love onion rings with a burger, so I was baking those as I was preparing the burgers! Build and enjoy!

Successful Vegan Beer Burgers for the YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment