Monday, March 29, 2010

Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

I recently had a mass marketed lemonade and thought it tasted super nasty, but at the same time I really wanted a lemonade, so I decided to try my hand at making my own! Through some research I realized the way to go is to use simple syrup not just sugar alone it mixes better and I think has a better flavor. There are different types of simple syrup I used the two to one ratio which is called the rock candy mixture. And to be honest squeezing lemons seems to be a great arm exercise, so it's a win win!
Ingredients:
• the juice of 10 lemons about 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice
• 2 cups sugar
• 6 cups water
• ice cubes
• lemon wedges for garnish
Directions:
Squeeze those lemons don't be shy when squeezing you can get a lot of juice out of them, and the skins are great for compost!
lemon juice only
Next take a medium sauce pan and put the sugar and one cup of water in whisk and put on medium heat, you want this mixture to come just below boiling. It will not look clear because all the sugar has not disolved but don't let it boil, after a while it will crystalize to the pan if it is allowed to boil. Whisk into the lemon juice.
sugar whisked in
Next add the remaining water about 1 1/2 cups at a time and whisk well.
water added
Finally add ice cubes to a glass and pour over, makes about four tall glasses add a lemon wedge for garnish and some fun straws!

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment