Sunday, January 30, 2011

Calla Lily Cake

I have been taking a wonderful fondant and gum paste class with a great instructor Zoe! Some of her work can been seen here http://redvelvet.shutterfly.com/
This was my final for the class and I think it turned out really well, but you can be the judge of that!
The cake is a white cake with an orange glaze and torted with an orange butter cream. Then I covered it with fondant, and the flowers are made out of a mixture of fondant and gum paste.

my palate!
The start of the side work (I love leaves in fondant or butter cream!)

I decided I needed more of them further up on the cake so it wasn't so empty
This was the start of the spray, I thought the leaves helped the flow


Here it is placed but not finished yet
A little closer view

the finished product!
and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment