Friday, April 22, 2011

Blueberry Pie

This post is all about the filling. I have posted crust recipes a couple of time but we need to focus on filling. I used frozen blueberries that I picked last season. If I had used fresh they would have been a bit less watery and I could have gotten away with less corn starch.
Ingredients:
• 1 and 1/2 quarts blueberries
• juice of half lemon
• 2 tbsp corn starch
• 2 tbsp agave nectar
• pinch of salt
• one pie crust
Directions:
Put berries on low heat add the agave and salt cook for 8 minutes. Then add the lemon juice and corn starch. Use a whisk to incorporate the corn starch. You will have to whisk until there are no more lumps of starch. Then cook for 10 minutes or until berries are thick. Place in crust and cover bake for about an hour on 400.

berries in the crust

pie covered and finished with my signature leaves

finished and ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment