Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

I have said it before I will say it again, I love peanut butter! So for my a dessert of peanut butter and chocolate is great. This is quick and easy and the oats are a good binder. Some people like to use confectioners sugar but I didn't want the extra sugar. Plus I think the taste of the peanut butter and the dark chocolate is wonderful, no reason to sweeten it up even more.
Ingredients:
• 2 cups peanut butter (choose your favorite but I like a chunky for extra texture)
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 2 cups dark chocolate chips or chunks
Directons
Mix the peanut butter and oats together well.

mixed pretty well but I gave it one more pass
In a double boiler melt chocolate. As that is melting down take an 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 pan ( 8x8 will give you a bit of a thicker bar) and spread the peanut butter oat mixture evenly. When chocolate is melted pour and even out over the mixture.
pretty even if you ask me

chocolate spread, and now all over my phone
Let the chocolate temper do not put in the fridge until very set. When chocolate is set you can put in the fridge if you want a cold treat! Enjoy!

Yum and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment