Saturday, February 25, 2012

Zombie Munch

I made this sweet little number for the Walking Dead mid-season premier. I wanted something festive and something I imagine a zombie would like at least in texture. So I came up with Zombie Munch, and I think I am going to make a couple variations to be published later, but this first try was tasty, and much better than brains!!!!!!!!!
Ingredients:
• 8 to 10 pretzel rods broken up into small pieces
• 1 cup vegan marshmallows (non-vegan are fine if you have non-vegan or vegetarian zombies, I mean humans in the house)
• 1/2 cup peanut butter, I used smooth but crunchy would be great
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions:
Line an 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 pan with wax paper, if you slit each corner it will fit better in the pan (thanks for that hint Alton Brown). Spread the broken pretzels evenly in the pan.

Here are the pretzels!
Next smash the marshmallows so they are somewhat flat and place evenly on top of the pretzels, as seen below.

Here are the marshmallows ready to go
Then melt the peanut butter in the microwave, be careful not to burn it, I would say 30 to 45 seconds will do. Natural peanut butter will melt faster than processed. After it is melted use a spatula and spread over the marshmallows.

Here is the peanut butter melted and yummy!
Next melt the chocolate, you can use a double boiler if you like, but I used the microwave. After melted spread on top of the peanut butter evenly. Make sure to get the sides and corners.

Here is the chocolate freshly spread on top!
Let cool completely, don't put it in the refrigerator as it will not temper correctly. Let cool for at least an hour and longer if desired. After 60 to 90 minutes it is safe to put in the refrigerator. This is a very sweet rich dessert, so cut in small pieces and serve. It is so tasty it could possibly make even a Zombie go vegan!


Yum and done!



No comments:

Post a Comment