Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Different cakes from the past two years

I am getting my cake portfolio together and needed to have a good cross section of pictures of what I have accomplished so this particular post is dedicated to my cake creations in the past couple of years or so.





 The first two pictures are of a Día de los Muertos inspired cake.  The base of the cake was decorated using buttercream with a basket weave pattern, there are also a modified shell pattern around the edge the roses are buttercream as well.  The skull was baked using the wilton skull cake pan.  The skull top was supported by skewers to prevent it from sliding.

These two photos are another skull cake, I wanted to make it more macabre, so I did a basket weave on the top and made a very thin butter cream and covered the skull in it for the white skull look.  I also used some confectioners sugar and water to drizzle for the "blood".  It was the centerpiece for a halloween party!

 This was a cake I made for my Parents, it is a mixture of buttercream and royal icing.  The cake base is frosted in butter cream, the daffodils (my Mothers favorite flower) are royal icing the leaves are butter cream and the tractor was my very first fondant creation!
This was a holiday wreath cake.  Also with a mixture of butter cream and royal icing.  The flowers are royal icing and some of the leaves are as well.  I also made a base layer of leaves in buttercream to make the wreath look fuller.

This cake is decorated using fondant.  The flowers were sculpted by me.  The leaves were made using a leaf shape cutter, but then embellished with texture by hand.

This cake was huge!  It was done in fondant, and the bee hive is a stacked cake. There are five tiers in all!  I sculpted the bees and hung them by floral wire.  Upon transporting this the fondant got a bit soft and the bees started to tear at the fondant on the hive I patched the spot over with another daisy!
I was really curious to try bunting on the cake made for my Mother-in-law, it is a three tier cake the individual tiers are very small only measuring 5'' each,  it came out great!

These are mini pudding pies I did although it is not necessarily cake decorating I really enjoyed the
arrangement of the fruit!

 This is a cupcake tower I did for a party the cupcakes are orange chocolate and pistachio rosewater.  I love the M1 swirl, it makes such a great design.  This was done with buttercream.



This is a halloween party cake.  Again with my skull pan but also with sculpted fondant.  The Zombie theme came out great.  Although the eyeball was a bit hard to master.

No comments:

Post a Comment