Monday, September 24, 2012

Eggplant and Gnocchi

So I had a eggplant in the refrigerator I knew I needed to you but he really wanted some gnocchi, so I decided to do is combine the two with delicious homemade sauce. The results pure deliciousness!
First I fried up some eggplant you could use a mandolin slicer if desired but I just used knife. I sliced it in about one inch slices.  It's important to make sure the eggplant is nice and tender. Next cook gnocchi as directed.  Yes yes I know I could have made my own gnocchi but it was a weeknight and I was hungry!  Well that is cooking in a separate pan cook your sauce and sliced fried eggplant together. When you gnocchi is done combine all three and cook for approximately 7 to 9 minutes.
eggplant fried and diced

eggplant and sauce combining nicely 
just put the gnocchi in!
yum and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment