Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Vegan Everything Plate

This creation was inspired by diner a lot of diners that I have been to usually have something like this which has a little bit of everything on it but unfortunately most of those places it has some type of meat or dairy. So feeling particularly hungry and adventurous one night I decided to make a vegan version.
My version consists of hash browns on the bottom and on top of those hash browns I have put a little bit of hot sauce. Next we have some fried tofu no I found the secret with fried tofu is to have pretty thick slices but also use the right amount of oil or butter if you want to use enough to where the tofu does not stick. I would say that I used about 3 tablespoons in the bottom of my pan. Then I placed the fried tofu on top of my hash browns after that I sprinkled the top of the tofu with them Daiya vegan cheddar cheese. I didn't garnished with some tomato and scallion just for a little bit of color and some fresh vegetables. Well this was happening I also toasted a piece of dill bread which was a delicious addition to the meal but you can use really any type of bread you had on hand.
Yum and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment