Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Raw vegan fudge

http://detoxinista.com/2012/11/easy-raw-fudge-vegan-paleo/

I saw this recipe if you weeks ago and was a bit skeptical, But boy was I ever wrong! This fudge is simple to make and incredibly delicious. I remember when I was a little girl my grandmother used to make refrigerator fudge but I don't think they have this much protein in it. It is from a website called Detoxinista, The woman that runs it is a holistic health coach, If you get a chance you should check it out. There are a lot of other great recipes on there that I might just have to try out and maybe write about!



Easy Raw Fudge
makes 16-20 pieces

Adapted from Raw Food, Real World

Ingredients:

1 cup raw cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

In a medium bowl, mix together the nut butter and coconut oil until smooth. (This works best if the ingredients are slightly warm! Alternatively, you could blend them together using a food processor.) Add in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla, and stir until smooth and creamy.

Transfer the mixture to a dish lined with plastic wrap, for easy removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment