Thursday, March 21, 2013

Party Roll by ecoVegan

I was looking for some new lunch ideas when I came across this on Vegan Essentials I decided to give it a try.  To be completely honest when I got it I was a little taken back, it kind of reminded me of a Field Roast or a Tofurky.  But the directions said keep it in the fridge and slice when you are ready to use.  So that is what I did. 
Here is the party roll waiting to party
I got it out of the fridge and unwrapped and although it said it was seven servings I got about ten servings out of it as I cut the slices thin.  I thought about using a serrated knife but my sharp chef knife worked great!

Waiting to be sliced!
I really wanted to find a sandwich that would complement it, as I was pretty excited to try it.  So I went traditional with a twist.  So lettuce tomato and onion on sourdough, sandwich staples for sure, but we went with chipotle mayo was a must!


The usual suspects


The build almost done!  Time to flip and cut!

Our lunches for the day complete with chips and apple slices.  It was truly a delicious sandwich and all non GMO ingredients is a plus!  We had this exact lunch for a few days and I couldn't get enough!



Yum and done!





No comments:

Post a Comment