Monday, October 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

I do my best not to eat processed food and I try to the same for my companion animals. This particular recipe is one of Vivian's favorites for sure! I usually make a big batch and give them to Vivian's doggie friends as well. They seem to be a big hit will all four legged creatures of the canine variety! Plus they are super simple to prepare and keep well in an air tight container!
Ingredients:
• 1 cup whole-wheat flower
• 1 cup corse ground corn meal
• 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
• 1 cup peanut butter (I used smooth but chunky is good too)
• 1 tbsp baking powder
cut out in fun shapes!
Directions:
Combine dry ingredients and mix lightly, then add the soy milk and mix well, then add the peanut butter and mix again. If the mixture seems to sticky for rolling with a rolling pin add a bit more flower up to 1/4 cup. Roll to 1/2 inch thick, and cut out with cookie cutters. I use little bones and stars but if you don't have access to them you can hand cut into squares or other shapes as well. Bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes.
ready to enjoy and made with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment