Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kind Of Low Fat Chocolate Mint Cookies

Well what can I say, I love to cook and I love to bake, mainly because I love to eat. It is the middle of winter here and although I have good milage on my treadmill cutting out some fat is a good idea for anyone that feels a bit house bound in the cold and snow. This is a recipe that I am currently modifying to cut out more of the fat and calories, this is attempt number three, I fell that by number five I will have cut out all I can and still have it be a tasty cookie.
Ingredients:
• 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
• 1/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1 1/2 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer dissolved in
• 2 tbsp warm water
• 1/4 cup vegan butter
• 1/2 cup applesauce
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3/4 tsp mint extract
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients well, except the chocolate chips, the picture below is not mixed enough yet.
getting there
Next add the Egg Replacer dissolved in water and the applesauce, mix again, add the vegan butter and the extracts. Depending on the consistency of your applesauce you might have to add a bit more water up to 3 tablespoons should do the trick, but only add this is the mixture seems to stiff. Next add the chocolate chips and mix one more time.
just a little more mixing needed
Use a tablespoon and place on a cookie sheet, should yield 14 to 18 cookies depending on how large you make them. Bake at 350 for 11 to 13 minutes. When you stick a toothpick in them and it comes out clean they are done. Do not over bake they become to dry and not that fun to eat!
ready to enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. MMMmmmm looks yummy! I just remembered those AMAZING frozen mint cookie thingys you made last summer… YUM.

    (PS. I finally figured out the comment thing on here! It always asks me twice for my ID - what's up with that?!)

    ReplyDelete