Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sweet Potato Dog Treats



I hate sweet potatoes, I have never liked to eat them. I realize they have great nutritional benefits but I am just not a fan. But as much as I hate them my dogs love them. They are a great low calorie high vitamin treat for them. You can go to any companion animal shop and find a plethora of different types of treats from dehydrated to freeze dried to long dried-ish fry form. My recipe would be considered a dehydrated. I bake them for a long time on low heat.
Ingredients:
• 1 to 2 medium sweet potatoes washed, but not pealed
Directions:
This is much easier with a mandoline slicer but can be down with a sharp knife. Cut about 1/32 to 1/16 inch slices. The wider the slices the longer they will take to dehydrate, so you could go to 1/8 if desired. Prep a baking sheet and lay flat, don't let them touch if you do they could bake together. Which is not so bad but then you have to break them apart. Bake at 270 for 60 to 90 minutes or until crunchy. Let cool and let your four legged friends enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment