Monday, August 15, 2011

Chocolate Raisin Bars

So I have a lot of quick cook oats, I am trying some recipes to use them up! I was craving something sweet but at least semi-healthy and this is what I came up with. The inspiration for the recipe came from runners world magazine. They used egg and honey in theirs, I like brown sugar in cookies and bars more I feel they keep moisture better. I think they also used less chocolate and more oil. Thank you runners world for the inspiration although I have not made yours I think I would like mine more!

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
• 2 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 3/4cup mini chocolate chunks
• 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp Ener-G egg replacer dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water
• 2 tablespoons soy milk

• 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
• 1 tsp salt

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients except for the chocolate and raisins in a stand mixer or large bowl by hand. Set this aside, then mix the soy milk, egg replacer, oil and vanilla together, incorporate the dry ingredients about a half cup at a time keep mixing on a low setting.

starting to mix the dry stuff

Add the chocolate and raisins and mix again. Bake at 350 for 22 to 25 minutes and enjoy!

talk about tasty!

they are so yummy I needed a closer look!
Yum and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment