Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Zucchini Pasta

I had seen zucchini pasta before but never tried it myself. I knew the basic premis but had to feel inspired to do it myself. Well I finally did and it is amazing. It is just as filling as wheat based pasta but without the super full feeling after. I am hooked and I can't believe how easy it is! This particular meal is made with my homemade pasta sauce (recipe published about this time last year in my blog) and soy meatballs (which is in a much earlier blog post as well).
Ingredients:
• 1 medium to large zucchini (a medium is enough for two people)
• pasta sauce of your choice
• some garlic bread if you are so inclined
• soy meatballs (optional)
Directions:
On a mandoline slicer or you could do this by hand slice the zucchini to the thickness of regular spaghetti.
sliced and ready to go!
Boil water, make sure the water is at a full boil and place the preped zucchini in the water.

cooking in the water
Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, depending on how firm you want the pasta. Taste test around 6 minutes to get an idea of its texture. When it is done drain well. I can't stress this enough, the zucchini is like a sponge so drain well, I used a hand strainer and tossed it well draining, it got it pretty dry. I would recommend against pushing it down by hand as you might break the zucchini in the process.
Yum and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment