Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Garden update #1

I have started my seedlings and they are doing pretty well. I used the organic compact soil plugs and covered with a biodegradable plastic sheet. Almost everything is doing well except my huckleberries they don't seem to be germinating. Although they still have a chance, this is the first time I have started from seed so it is possible that huckleberries take longer to start. We are growing two different types of basil and cilantro, asparagus, brussel sprouts, carrots, beans, huckleberries, pumpkins tomato and broccoli!
I also have a bed of garlic that was planted in the fall and will be very tasty very soon. Next we will have to expand our raised beds to figure out where all this stuff is going to go. There is a possibility we will also do some patio pots as well.


Here are my seeds started with the map over them, so I know what is what

Here is the basil just starting out!

cilantro showing it's pretty leaves!

Growing at different speeds

The beans have a mind of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment