Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Banana Nut Muffin

This recipe is my basic sweet bread, the recipe originally came from my Mother, I have modified it to be vegan and has a bit less fat in it than my Mothers recipe. Although the base recipe is the same I modify the fruit or vegetable content added. This time I wanted to make a very banana muffin, the nuts were an added bonus!
Ingredients:
• 3 cups flour
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• the equivalent of 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1 cup walnuts
• 4 very ripe bananas
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350. Mix together the dry ingredients well. Add the oil and the egg replacer mix lightly, add the banana and the vanilla mix well, at this point the mixture should have no lumps. Add the nuts lightly mix. If you are baking muffins it should be about 22 to 25 minutes If you are baking bread it will be about 45 minutes.


Yum and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment