Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mississippi Mud Cookies from Vegan Crunk


This recipe came up in my facebook feed and I knew I needed to try it!  It is from a fellow blogger Bianca, her blog is Vegan Crunk.  This recipe is for Mississippi Mud Cookies.  They are delicious and easy to make the are going to make it into heavy rotation in our kitchen!  The next time I make them the only mofificaiton I will make it to cut down on the sugar by 1/4 to 1/3 cup.  Not that there was anything wrong with the sugar in this recipe I just like to use less if I can.

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup soymilk
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup soy margarine
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



Directions:
Stir together the sugar, soymilk, peanut butter, margarine, and cocoa powder in a large saucepan. Turn on medium heat and bring to a boil.

Once the mixture begins boiling, set a timer for 1 1/2 minutes. Allow to the mixture boil undisturbed (do not stir) until the timer goes off. Turn off heat and stir in oats and vanilla extract.

Line two large cookie sheets with waxed paper. Scoop tablespoons of cookie batter onto the waxed paper-covered cookie sheet. Allow cookies to cool. The cookies will be soft at first, but they should set within a few hours. Yields about 30 cookies.






 Yum and done!


No comments:

Post a Comment