Thursday, February 14, 2013

Vegan Eggplant Rolatini with Nutty Cow Ricotta

I received a wonderful gift for my best friend Anna!  This gift was three different versions of
Nutty Cow vegan cheeses!  I was a bit skeptical at first.  I heard a lot of hype about Nutty Cow but I try not to get to excited about new products until I try them.  Well I should have believed the hype this time because everyone of them were wonderful.  I was able to try the garlic herb, ricotta and the maple pecan.  They were all delicious but the ricotta really stood out for me.  I decided to take a taste of it before I decided what to do with it.  As soon as I tasted it I knew I had to make eggplant rolatini.  I always have eggplant on the mind but I had a hunch this would be great in my regular recipe.

Delicious!

I prepared my recipe as usual lightly frying the eggplant after skinning it and cutting it to about 1/8 strips.  As I have said before I always make extra pasta sauce so I had some ready to go.  I decided not to put anything extra in the ricotta, usually when I make rolatini I add nutritional yeast and a bunch of italian herbs.  But I wanted the Nutty Cow to stand on its own.



















Next I rolled about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the ricotta in each eggplant placing each on my bed of pasta sauce.  I then added more pasta sauce on the top can placed about 1/2 cup Daiya vegan mozzarella which is a standard in our kitchen. I baked at 375 for about 50 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes after.


Yum and Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment