Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

During the fall I bought a few pie pumpkins and prepped them then froze them, so when I wanted delicious pumpkin during the winter months I would have it without having to buy canned pumpkin. Today I decided to make some pumpkin muffins and a loaf of pumpkin bread.
This bread recipe is my basic sweet bread, the recipe originally came from my Mother, I have modified it to be vegan and has a bit less fat in it than my Mothers recipe. Although the base recipe is the same I modify the fruit or vegetable content added.
Ingredients:
• 3 cups flour
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• the equivalent of 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1/3 cup nuts ( I usually use walnuts but today I used almonds, and it was delicious)
• 3 cups pureed pumpkin
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350. Mix together the dry ingredients well. Add the oil and the egg replacer mix lightly, add the pumpkin and the vanilla mix well, at this point the mixture should have no lumps. Add the raisins and nuts lightly mix. If you are baking muffins it should be about 22 to 25 minutes If you are baking bread it will be about 45 minutes.

Yum and done!



No comments:

Post a Comment